Saturday, April 29, 2006

Progress

I finished the issue #2 script last week. Kevin has already done layouts, penciled the first two pages and is rocking page 3 as I type. The second issue is a lot more character driven than the first which made it a blast to write. I'm a dialogue guy and we came up with dozens of great Supers when we were fleshing out the backstory. I was stoked to start giving them voices. Then, I wrote an exposition heavy, caption driven first issue. It was almost painful. I love the thing but Shelby is very nearly the only speaking character in it. That said, issue #2 completely makes up for it. So many bad-ass characters. So much super-villain shuffleboard, zombie busboys and presidential T&A. I'm really excited to see what Kevin and Ed do with it.

We're planning on a November release (Arcana Studio September 06 PREVIEWS) and should be wearing our SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION hats at WW Chicago in August.

I'm told these wordy posts are boring to look at. If that's true, I apologize. Hopefully we'll get some issue #2 promo art up soon.

-Hopeless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home